Monday, November 1, 2010

The Back Story

Prior to the boys conception we had been living in Rhode Island, a happy little family of three. I had been teaching and Jason was working for his present employer. Isabelle was about 2.5 and we were worried about school, already. The little girl across the street had started Kindergarten the previous year and was in an average size class with 28 children. For those of you who are not familiar with teaching kindergarten students 28 kids who are new to the whole "school thing" is just too many kids. We had talked a lot about moving back home to Maine so that Isabelle could be closer to her grandparents and the opportunity arose when Jason's employer announced the opening of a new store in Portland, Me! This was our shot to move home! Jason started "Project Pine Tree Relocation" and we listed our house for sale! There was a catch, however, there is always a catch you know. The store was set to open on Valentine's Day and I was a teacher meaning I would have to leave my job prior to the end of the school year. So, I gave notice that I would be taking a leave of absence from February vacation through the end of the school year and planned to get a job in Maine.

Things went smoothly overall with the initial transition. We sold our house in Rhode Island in perfect timing to move in February. We found a 2 family house in Maine that although I was not in love with it, I was sure we would live there for about a year and then rent both halves of the house and use the equity for a down payment on a single family house that we liked better in a school district that we liked better. This is where things took a bit of a turn.

As I said we moved in February, and actually closed on our new house within a week of moving, but had LOTS of work to do before actually moving into the house. Basically just cosmetics, but still, work. In the mean time we lived in my grandmother's condo for about a month. By the time we moved into the new house in March, you guessed it... I was pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment